Heeyyyy! Did you guys watch the Super Bowl on Sunday? Were you in it for the game, the halftime show with Lady Gaga, or the commercials? Or maybe, you were just in it for the food? Yeah, me too. Ha! Actually, I watched for all of the above reasons. More specifically the halftime show and the commercials because I’m not really a Falcons fan and I am most certainly not a Patriots fan. Bleh. That ending though……
1. Anyway, back to the commercials! I remember when the commercials used to be the absolute BEST part of the Super Bowl. Back in the late 80s and early 90s – when probably half of you weren’t even a twinkle in your mom’s & dad’s eyes – they were something special. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Bugs Bunny, oh my! So, there were definitely some good ones. And some not so good ones. The Mr. Clean one, though? That one totally toed the line between strange and creepy….. I mean, it’s Mr. Clean….
2. Do you ever randomly wake up with a song in your head? More specifically, a song that you haven’t listened to in quite some time, much less given any though to? No? That’s just me? Hmm….maybe I need to go to a brain doc and get that figured out. Because I totally woke up with this song in my head the other day:
I guess I should be happy about it because I normally wake up with random Disney songs in my head. Hakuna Matata, my friends! (and there’s your song bomb/ear worm for the day! you’re welcome.) 🙂
3. A few more days until surgery and my prep work has begun in earnest. I’ve already planned to move some things around in the kitchen (i.e.: move the coffee pot closer to the sink so it’s easier to fill with water without hopping and spilling water all over the place), I’ve got a coffee mug with a lid AND a handle so I can transport my coffee from the kitchen to the dining room table or the chair in the living room, and I’ve got my backpack ready to be stuffed with all the things I’ll take with whenever I leave the house. 🙂 I’ve also started thinking about making other parts of my day easier – like washing my face. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to stand at the sink and successfully wash my face while balancing on one leg so I grabbed these Burt’s Bees face wash cloths.
Now, if I could just figure out how I’m going to get in and out of the shower without killing myself……
4. So, lately, I’ve had this bad habit of putting my phone down somewhere and forgetting where I put it. And then I walk all around the house looking for it. There was one day that I couldn’t find it. And, I couldn’t ask somebody to call it so I could find it because there was nobody here and the dogs don’t have cell phones and I actually had to leave the house without it!!! THAT was a stressful day. Perhaps I’m too attached to my phone?
5. Back to the commercials. Can I get a whoop whoop for avocados?!?!
6. It’s Super Bowl commercial flashback time!
Ahhh…..those were the good old days. 🙂 Hope your day is fantastic and full of joy!Commercials, ear worms, and face wash, OH MY! What's random in your world today? Click To Tweet
As always, a big thank you to Amanda for letting me Think Out Loud. <3